- Ph.D. in Geographic Information Science, SUNY Buffalo
- M.S. in Urban Planning, Columbia University
- B.A. Geography, Macalester College
- Data Science Manager, Apple Maps (current)
- Associate Professor of Geography (tenured), University of Colorado (current)
- Senior Data Scientist, Apple Maps
- Assistant Professor of Geography, University of Colorado – Boulder
- Assistant Professor of Population Studies (adjunct), Brown University
- Associate Director, Brown University Initiative in Spatial Structures in the Social Sciences
- Cartographer (STEP), US Forest Service
- Associate Research Scientist in Urban Planning, Columbia University
- Assistant Professor in Urban Planning (adjunct), Columbia University
- GIS Coordinator, Columbia University
- President and Owner Reference Book Center, New York, NY
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Scholar Award, Planning and Development Group, American Association of Geographers.
- American Statistical Association, SPAIG award for partnership between academy and government.
- Director, University of Colorado Spatial Sciences Node of the NSF-Census Research Network.
- Associate Editor, Computers Environment and Urban Systems
- The Michael Breheny Prize for Best Paper in Environment and Planning B
- Social Science History, Founders Award for Best Paper.
- Leadership positions in professional organizations including the Association of American Geographers and the University Consortium for Geographic Information Science.
- Kaggle.com Data Science Competition: First Place, Census Data Visualization Competition
- Member of the Department of Interior, Hurricane Sandy Strategic Sciences Group
- Brown University Community Engaged Scholar Award
- NSF-IGERT Fellowship in Geographic Information Science
- NCGIA-Hugh Calkins Memorial Award in Applied GIS
- Certificate of Recognition from City of New York for 9/11 Emergency Mapping and Data Center
- Columbia University Award for Excellence in Planning Methods and Techniques.